Kennethin2008

Breaking News

I GOT AN IPHONE!!!!!

eVenTs

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Feeling Zen


Shandong 2007 Nanshan, originally uploaded by kenornot.

I do agree a little rest do bring someone further. We all need that occasional rest in order to rejuvenate our mental strength and spirit. I just feel that this generation does not subscribe to the prior era mentality of hard work and more hard work.

There need to be work-life balance. But to what extend? I dread to think of it. With the influx of other nationalities, who are willing to work 7 days and 18 hours and thinks that S$4.50 and hour is more than enough, how will Singaporeans compete? I don't suppose that we are willing to do that. Seriously. Not me. Yet, it is a chilling truth and the effect is obvious. Recently had a talk with someone, he lamented that his wife's workplace, an auntie was replaced by someone younger and cheaper.

Of course, the comparison must be durian with durian. I am not going into the technicalities and thesis aspect. Just that, as my dad loves to say, do you want Bitter first then Sweet or taste all the Sweet now and stuff yourself with Bitterness later.

No comments: